Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge. 7 years 2 months ago #329

• radix
  • radix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm not sure if I'd give this park 4 stars as it is according to Bord Fáilte; It's more a 3 star park in my opinion, in that the place isn't really kept spotlessly clean and tidy, but in fairness, it's not far off it. The location is very good; Many of the pitches are right on the sand doons and just a short stroll onto a fabulous beach. The place has a good shop, and overall we had a very enjoyable stay here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, jetty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge. 6 years 3 months ago #460

Stayed here for the 1st time ever Easter Weekend (2015)... LOVED IT !!! and can't wait to go back ... BUT....... A few of my pet peevs crawled in...

When a site is OPEN for business, ALL the site should be OPEN ie the shop café reception and any other facilities on offer as stated on their web site or brouchers ....

check out their web site HERE

Ok so the site has under gone some renovations in the loo & shower blocks and due to this one loo & shower block was still out of action. They have also added around 10 to 20 new hard stand pitches all with electric hook up a light and water but alas not open as yet.

In saying all that OMG this is a great site with 2 fantastic safe play grounds, a tennis & basketball court, an astro turff footalball pitch and 20km of beautiful beach, just 1km from the site there is a shop & new pizza and chip shop.

On arrival we were greeted with 100% professionalisim by Niamh and the staff (all with walkie talkies to keep in contact with reception) were fantastic.

The site was almost FULL to capasity and this did not phase the staff one bit !! :cheer:

We had 2 problems when we got to our pitch.

1. We sank in the wet ground after slipping off the hard stand :unsure: and Hugh had us towed out in no time at all.

2. We had no tap and again 1st thing the next morning Hugh had a working tap on our pitch.

We can't wait to go back in June when (we were told) "all the renovations" should be completed :)

AND on a final note "most" not ALL camp sites take advantage of bank holiday weekends to make a few bob and rightly so.... however this Easter weekend Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge only charged €20 per unit per night including hook up.

Well done Niamh, Hugh & all the staff at Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge.

Aaron Dee & Charlie Brown
Happy Camping

Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge. 6 years 2 months ago #472

Its the weekend of the June Bank Hoilday so off we go with friends to Morriscastle B)

Aaron Dee & Charlie Brown
Happy Camping

Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge. 6 years 1 month ago #473

Yet another fantastic weekend here. With almost full capasity the site ran so so smoth. A few minor issues with the toilets but it was due to people not knowing how to flush ......

I loved the entertainment laid on all weekend for the children (which we have none of) and ALL the money raised went to charity.. where would you see that on a campsite on a holiday weekend....

Its nice to see NOT ALL camp sites flese you on a holiday weekend.

Well done to all the staff on site.

p.s from talking to almost 50 other site users this weekend we have put Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park at number 2 on our Top Five Campsites In Ireland Chart :cheer:
Happy Camping

Last edit: by Carr.

Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge. 6 years 1 month ago #474

As newbies to the world of camping, I dont have alot to compare Morriscastle strands to, but here goes. On arrival our family was greeted by gentleman who welcomed us to the site and showed us where we could park in order to check in. This was fantastic for us as we were very unsure what to do on arrival to site. Reception was buzzing with lots of other campers down for the weekend.

Niamh gave us our map and explained what was what and also told us another two men would meet us on site to help us park. Again I dont know if this is the norm on site, but as newbies it was very helpful as our confidence is not yet what it needs to be in terms of maneuvering our lazy daisy. Im sure it will come in time :)

Once set up, we received a warm welcome from Aaron, Deirdre and Charlie along with our other neighbours for the weekend. It wasn't long before we felt at ease.

The campsite is really well laid out. Our pitch was close to the toilet block as well as the playground, shop and sanddoons. Despite the interchangeable weather, I barley saw my son for the whole weekend. He was off having lots of fun with the other children on site.

The beech was beautiful. Very clean and stretched for what seemed miles. We spent a large part of the weekend playing in the doons having races on our body boards :woohoo:

The only negatives where the toilet blocks. Each time i went to avail of the facilities , the cubicles i chose initially were always blocked up. Not a very nice thing to have to walk into. I would imagine this is down to the flushing system they have. you have to press the button quite hard into the wall and i assume many of the younger children found this difficult. The showers were ok. However the water did build up at my feet and i could not alter the temperature.

Tired after all our adventures on Sunday we opted for food in the local take away. Im not sure if it was all the fresh air, but we were ravenous. and thankfully not disappointed when our food arrived. The take away was packed, so going forward, i think ill pre-order on the phone and slip down to collect it, rather than having to wait the 20mins in the q etc...

Will we be back - hell yeah ! We paid of deposit on departure for our next visit. Im sure when the sun does come out for real next time it will be pure bliss.

Till next time xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron

Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park, Kilmuckridge. 6 years 1 month ago #475

That's a great review Lazy Daisy looking forward to bumping into ye again soon and looking forward to reading more reviews from ye on your travels

aaron
Happy Camping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds