Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'

TOPIC:

River VAlley Caravan Park Redcross 1 month 3 weeks ago #1662

Hi All,

Just back from a one night stay at River valley Caravan Park.. 

All I can say is amazing.. seriously amazing!

We didn’t read the reviews here until we actually arrive and were sitting outside in the sun in Mickey Finns (busy but not overly so for a sunny Saturday afternoon in Mid May) 

I can certainly understand some of the comments previously made here and on other sites, it’s a very large site with all sorts of areas for everything from tents, to motorhomes and campervans, caravans and then the glamping areas along with large Glamotels, Lodges and even a couple of Glam Treehouses.. so this will attract larger groups from time to time especially at the weekends. 

But.. putting this aside.. we had no issues on the night we stayed, but the site it’s self is amazing, a whole load of different activities for all the family, from footgolf, archery, remote control karts and boats, big electric go kart track, pedal karts any a playground.. they have donkeys, deer and alpacas on the site which was a lovely experience..

Plenty of toilet and shower blocks with camper kitchens, we seen at least 2 big blocks at the site, with chemical disposal at both. fresh water point at our pitch with EHU. 

We stayed in the adult only Secret Garden area, it was very quiet from 10/10:30pm and had a great night sleep (until our fluffers decided to want to go for her business at 5:30am, but gave me a chance to get a walk around the site and there was no all night revellers to be seen) 

Redcross is a small village, 2 pubs, one with a restaurant and the food looked great and a local shop with everything you might need, a small local craft shop and All within seconds walk from the site 

For the 2 of us and Daisy our little fluffers was €41 inc EHU. Not the cheapest, but in my opinion well worth it, we will definitely be back, and with family, check in is from 11am and I would recommend getting there as early as possible to get a good spot. Brittas Bay is a 15 mins drive away, Avoca, Wicklow and Arklow all with in a short drive too..

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Can the Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

River VAlley Caravan Park Redcross 1 month 3 weeks ago #1663

• Aaron
  • Aaron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 388
This is what I love about this web forum & the reason I set it up back in 1995

OPINIONS vary and thats the beauty of the forum you get to read DIFFERENT opinions.

Thanks ChataeuD
Happy Camping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Can the Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds