Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CURRAGHCHASE CARAVAN & CAMPING PARK Limerick 3 weeks 4 days ago #1138

CurraghchaseThis was our first visit to Curraghchase in West Limerick, a beautiful campsite, located in a Coillte owned forest park.  The park has a mix of hard stand and grass pitches.  Many, although not all have electric hook up.  There are water stands smattered around the site and no pitch is too far from one.Staff are friendly and it looks like the owner, Warren, lives on site.The campsite is set on 700 acres of woodland and there are loads of walks and cycle tracks for the energetic to get out and about in.On the weekend we were there, there were more tents than camper vans.  The park is well set up for all kinds of visitors.There is an excellent playground right in the heart of the campsite, including a repurposed double decker bus.  There is also another playground which is about ten minutes walk away through the forest.  There is also a small fairy trail.There is a strict 11pm noise curfew, which was very well respected by campers when we were there.  A sing song which had been ongoing stopped on the stroke of 11. There is a nice campers kitchen.  There is also a café that does, coffees, cakes, ice creams and slushies. The toilets were regularly cleaned and were in good shape.   I didn’t see showers open on site.  But that could be a mistake or just closed for Covid.    Other than that there is also the usual sanitary facilities.The site is fairly secluded.  It is about 3km from the main road.  Askeaton is about 7km away.  So if you don’t have a car, you are fairly restricted.  If you do have a car, you have places like Limerick, Ballybunion, Listowel all within an hour or so. A special mention for John Quinn’s ‘Da Bucket’ Bar, which is about 4km away and who had a huge range of options for dinner and very friendly staff. I’d definitely recommend this site for a weekend away, particularly for those who like walking and cycling. Two adults, two kids awning and hook up was 38 per night. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tony, liamk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curraghchase caravan & Camping Park. Co. Limerick. 1 week 3 days ago #1154

Curraghchase caravan & Camping Park. Co. Limerick.We took a two night break away to Curraghchase in our folding camper. It was our first time staying in Curraghchase & I was absolutely blown away with the campsite and its onsite facilities.  The grass pitches are nested on an opening in the middle of a 774 acres forest. Motor homes, caravans & campervans are pitched among the trees surrounding the grass area.  All of the pitches are very generous. The toilets are clean. The showers weren’t open during our stay due to covid. It is one of the most family oriented campsites we have stayed in.  There is a double decker bus specially done for children to play on & this is located beside the cutest fair trail which winds around a small wood area.  There are also plenty of trails for the adults to walk around too. Around Curraghchase House, there are acres of open, well maintained gardens, with a lake filled with ducks, swans & other wildlife.  There is also another bigger playground situated beside the lake.  Public toilets beside the playground were very clean and obviously well looked after.The Limerick Greenway starts in Rathkeale which is 15to 20 min drive (15km) from Curraghchase. It stretches from Rathkeale to NewCastle West & on to Abbyfeale. Bike hire is available in Rathkeale at the start of the Greenway. It may be best to book ahead if you want to hire a bike to avoid disappointment, as it was very busy the morning we were there. The cafe on the campsite sell coffees, teas & light refreshments.  And HUGE 99’s. keep in mind the cafe does not sell basic items like milk, Bread. The nearest grocery shop is 15 minutes drive to Askeaton. Since we were so impressed by this site, I wanted to book in again for the weekend after, but it was booked out. I give this site 9/10. I’m docking the one point due to showers being closed and I think the campsite would benefit if they sold basic food items in the cafe. We really enjoyed our stay & hope to be back again soon. If you would like to follow us for all things camping related why not join us on Instagram at iRun.iHike.iCampIf you would like to come alone for the adventure, subscribe to our YouTube channel iRun iHike iCamp .  youtube.com/channel/UCg_-v7Y5kflP7DiwvWRXr4A
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tony, liamk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds