Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
Welcome to Campsite Review Forums!

Tell us a little bit about yourselves, your camping gear and share your stories with other campers!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Being curious 1 year 1 month ago #705

• Tourer
  • Tourer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 129
I happen to see a lot of activity from Irish Campers on social media but can't get into it personally as it becomes very cumbersome to find anything when you want to search for a specific topic. I then wondered how many are probably members of a site like this and just not using this excellent facility. So to test the water and to see if people come on here but just don't post - i wonder what plans people have for when the restrictions are eased (20th July) and we are allowed back out to play?

My plans are definitely for heading South. Nothing booked yet but I quite fancy a trip to Eagle Point again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Being curious 1 year 1 month ago #706

Hi Tourer FB has ruined the likes of this forum we had a 7000 strong very active membership up to a few years ago then we were hacked from somewhere in the UK so we had to start again.

I can tell you we have almost 300 registered members but only 4% are active as in posting but 56% read posts..

With the help of members like yourself I feel the fourm will grom again maybe not to its former size but I do feel it will become popular again.

Thanks for your input over the last while.

We have booked Morriscastle Strand in Wexford for a few days from July 27th to 29th as we are on holidays the following 2 weeks we will tour Ireland.

take care

aaron
Happy Camping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tourer, liamk

Being curious 1 year 1 month ago #707

• Tourer
  • Tourer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 129
Hi Aaron,

I am sure I was a member of the site before but for the life of me can't remember my old username. we must also have met up somewhere on our travels because I used to have a window sticker with CampsiteReview.com on one of my side windows... :woohoo: I know I didn't win it for anything so you must have given it to me...!

I would love to see a site like this flourish as currently I am on Caravan Talk and various other British sites and while they are a fountain of knowledge - they are unfortunately more geared towards the British campsites and therefore not much good to like minded Irish Tourers that have an interest in touring in Ireland, becoming part of and developing a healthy community.

Hopefully now that we are counting down to the end of the month - we might see a bit more activity on here.

Dec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, liamk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds