Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Streamstown Camping, Roscrea 3 months 6 days ago #1100

• Mr Blue
  • Mr Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Excellent site, well laid out pitches on both gravel and grass, some seperated with hedging. Small children's playground, facilities are clean, hot water at all times, toilets and showers a little dated but immaculately clean. Site is well supervised at all times with a secure but simple entry to the site. Plenty of electrical and water points. For pitches near the road there is some road noise but not a huge problem. The grounds of Mount St Josephs Abbey are nearby with a variety of wonderful walks  within the grounds. Roscrea town is maybe ten minutes away with good shopping and has many historical attractions. Highly recommended, van + 2pers + ehu  E27 per night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tourer, liamk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Streamstown Camping, Roscrea 3 months 5 days ago #1102

I remember doing my morning radio show from there about 20 years ago and the elder mother (don't know if she's still alive) kept unplugging the phone line to our Outside Broadcast Unit as she didnt like the music we were playing lol se we kept going of air lol

Haven't been back since might be worth a video review.

Aaron
Happy Camping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony, Tourer

Streamstown Camping, Roscrea 4 weeks 2 days ago #1201

2 nites here, and paid €54 for the stay incl EHU. I’ll get my gripes out 1st… the gate is secured by a barrier that is locked at all times, a key is given to each camping group and you have to lock and unlock the barrier each time you leave or enter the site…. A little bit of a pain in the rear. Also, on arrival, if you’ve a long unit like ours, the rear of the unit will stick out onto the road while you wait for the barrier to be opened for you by the pleasant owners… not ideal. The facilities are certainly dated and require modernisation. The shower drove me mad, it is basically a tap high in the wall with a single stream of water…. We used our own facilities as a result. 

Now the positives, and there are many. It is a beautiful site, no more than 4 acres. There are 10 or so gravel stands and numerous grass pitches. There are a few static units here also. The grounds are immaculate and the owners are available and very pleasant. Plenty of water an electrical points, and the site is reasonably level. 

located on site is a small playground and a games room with a pool table is also available. Refuse is dealt with by way of recycling. 

bear in mind this is on a working dairy farm and farms like this come with certain “aromas” and early morning noise. Understandable. The road noise can be loud but again bearable.

wifi is advertised as available but honestly is non existent. Phone and TV reception are good. 

It is a dog friendly site with the usual rules and covid regs adhered to. 

a stone throw from roscrea, and the nearby abbey provide plenty of walking opportunities. We also took the 30 min spin into Birr town and visited the castle.

a great spot for a couple of nites, not sure I’d stay more than that, but I’d recommend it either way.

if it cant be fixed with a hammer, its an electrical fault......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tourer

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds