Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Beach Bar Aughris Sligo 11 months 2 weeks ago #775

• Aaron
  • Aaron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136
Firstly this is NOT a campsite.It's a bar and B&B with a field with 3 or 4 static units on it and space for about 8 to 10 units some with power. WELL "with power" There are 3 units plugged into the one powerpoint and the rest seem to have power shared or otherwise. There is also a large graveled carpark at the rear of the bar which has about 5 power sockets the night we stayed here there was 10 units motorhomes, campervans and caravans parked here.

The bar is great the location is fantastic the food in the bar is good with a good selection to suit most.

€20 inc hookup no matter where you are parked, I didn't mind been in the carpark as I knew the place was pretty full before I arrived and the following morning I was moved into the grass area :).

I spoke to 4 other couples here and the all said it's a great spot BUT ... there is a guy sitting in a white car at the surf club end of things and he is "helping" out around the place i.e helping find parking spots for vans and the like.

However all 4 couples I spoke to said "he needs an attitude adjustment or someone will slap him" I also found this to be the case again however he was doing his best to suit all.

On the last night things becamp a little uncomfortable for some .... The last rule on the sign as you come in the field gate says " ALL dogs must be kept under control at ALL times" however the owners of the bar had two of their dogs running loose in the field and at one stage the smaller of the two attacked a little dog been walked by a man, the man had to pick up his two dogs and another man sitting nearby had to scare the attacking dog away.

On one other occasion I was standing with Charlie talking to two of our YouTube viewers at a water tap when the owners other larger just snapped at Charlie from behind for no reason one of the girls remarked "what if that was a child" !

SO if like us you are a dog owner be aware of theses two dogs......

But this is a great spot and worth a visit.

Aaron & Charlie Brown
video review Oct 2020
Happy Camping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tourer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aaron.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds