Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
Want to chat about anything camping related?
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Getting water on the road 3 weeks 7 hours ago #1070

• VanGogh
  • VanGogh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first road trip around Ireland. I've heard so many things about campsites being booked out that I'm just going to wild camp my way around (as an aside, if there were a site like booking.com that had whatever spaces were available on it that would be amazing).

The thing I'm most worried about is where to fill up my water on the way. I'll probably end up going into Aldi and buying bottled water, seems like such a waste to shower in bottled water. Are there spots along the way one can fill up in? Do I just have to ring camp sites and see who will let me fill up? I only have a 5L drum so won't have a lot at one time. I'm planning on going along the west coast - Clare / Galway / Mayo / Sligo / Donegal. It would be great if there were a list somewhere of campsites that let you fill water / empty black water along the route.

Thanks
thecoldcamper_ on instagram
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Getting water on the road 2 weeks 6 days ago #1071

Hi VanGough

Little or no campsite will allow you to fill your water tank. As its only 5Lts you could use a water tap in most petrol stations or most harbours have fresh drinking water taps. I am in Dromineer Harbour at the moment and there's 5 water taps.

However your black water is going to be a problem...

You could take a look at our video review map it might help you plan you journey.

click here

Enjoy your trip stay safe

Aaron
Happy Camping

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aaron.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds