Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
Need help or want to query on a possible repair? Let the camping community help you! Create a topic to see what the best way forward is!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Replacing the friction pads in an Alko Hitch 2 months 10 hours ago #1027

• Tourer
  • Tourer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
When replacing the friction pads, is it only the two at the sides that need replaced or do you have to replace the one at the top as well?
I am wondering because if it is all three - why do they sell them separately? Do they wear at different rates? :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacing the friction pads in an Alko Hitch 1 month 2 weeks ago #1049

I've never changed the front and back but I have checked them. With the sides, the last couple of years I have given them a rub with wet and dry paper and cleaned them with brake cleaner to remove the glaze. The hitch is still within tolerance and I haven't had any stability problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tourer

Replacing the friction pads in an Alko Hitch 1 month 2 weeks ago #1050

• Tourer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I've just got the new pads so that's a job for Saturday.

I'll take a good look at the old ones when I take them out. Maybe as Doonass says, the old ones might just need a good clean to clear the glaze.

Replacing the friction pads in an Alko Hitch 3 weeks 6 days ago #1066

I've just got the new pads so that's a job for Saturday.

I'll take a good look at the old ones when I take them out. Maybe as Doonass says, the old ones might just need a good clean to clear the glaze.

how did this go for you Tourer? any major issues? may be something i need to tackle sooner rather than later....
if it cant be fixed with a hammer, its an electrical fault......

Replacing the friction pads in an Alko Hitch 3 days 6 hours ago #1080

• Tourer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Liam,
This was a much simpler job that I initially thought. Removed the two covers on either side and with a cross head screwdriver - popped the pads out. they looked ok until you compared them to the new ones...definitely showed signs of wear and certainly glazed. Put the new ones in and it was just push and click. Replaced the covers - new covers supplied with the pads and wow what a difference. I've cleaned the old ones by taking Doonass' advice, a light rub of wet very fine sandpaper will see them live on as spares.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, liamk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds