Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Exception in layout Widget/Announcement!SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'publish_up' in 'where clause'
Where have you stayed in Co. Donegal? Good or bad.. We want to hear it!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Travers Holiday Park, Bundoran 1 year 6 months ago #1158

Travers is situated slap bang in the middle of Bundoran, so is super convenient to shops, restaurants and beach. There is a mix of static mobile homes, caravans, motorhomes and camping. Tents and most of the motorhomes are located adjacent to the main site in the grounds of the old Convent, which adds a lovely character to the site. Some pitches are on grass, and others are tucked in around the convent building on hard standing. Neil and Olga are the most welcoming of hosts and Neil's parking directions are superb!! The site is scrupulously clean and well organised.
Bundoran is possibly the friendliest town we have ever visited. In addition to the beaches and sea pools there is the amazing Tullan Strand (famous for surfing), wonderful cliff walks and the spectacular Fairy Bridges. Can't vouch for the funfair and amusements - not really our thing! but we spent a lovely 5 days here and will definitely be back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tony, liamk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Travers Holiday Park, Bundoran 1 year 6 months ago #1170

Another great review Bill & Carol please keep them coming.

I think Charlie & Me will try book a midweek pitch here soon to do a video review.

Thanks again

aaron
Happy Camping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony, Bill and Carol

Travers Holiday Park, Bundoran 3 weeks 2 days ago #1518

Just an update following a recent stay here. Individual meters have now been installed at each electricity plug in point. The meter is zeroed on arrival and read on departure, with a charge of 50c per unit used over the length of your stay. Neil explained to us that this seemed the fairest option to cover the astronomical increases in electricity in recent months.

Our charge worked out at about €8 per day. We were staying in December and  running the heater pretty much constantly, with the hot water on eco.

To be honest, we’d rather this somewhat controllable extra charge than a blanket increase in the pitch fee - or the closure of the site in the winter months altogether!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Can the Man

Travers Holiday Park, Bundoran 2 weeks 5 days ago #1519

I agree with ye on the metering its a better way to go than a blanket fee or as you say closing for winter

Thanks guys

Aaron
Happy Camping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Can the Man

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds