Username: Password: Remember me

(0 rating)

TOPIC: Roundwood Campsite

Roundwood Campsite 19 Jul 2020 10:14 #753

• RigorMortis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Roundwood Camping and Caravan Site

With Covid shortening the season, lots of the sites have filled up in July and August. I was struggling to find options for an extra, short weekend close to Dublin, until I stumbled across Roundwood Caravan and Camping Park. It is not listed in the 'Blue Book' but is in the Green Guide. SHows the value of using both.

So firstly, on matters covid. They are not operating a toilet or shower block. They do have chemical disposal. They are advising, at booking time, that you need your own self-contained unit with toilet and shower if you want to come. The toilet blocks do look nice from the outside though. The reception was allowing one person in at a time. You were recommended to bring your own pen. I found that reassuringly fussy! There are also no tents allowed at the mo. They look like they have a nice tent area.

The guy running the place was very friendly. Told us everything we needed to know and let us get on with it.

This is a pretty quiet site. There is a nice playground, but not much else for kids. However, it is also very safe and secure. So our kids really loved it.

It got quiet about 10pm and there weren’t many people stirring around. If you like a peaceful spot this is definitely up your alley.

The pitches were pleasant, with plenty of room for an awning. They also seemed to have hook up and the power was good. There was plenty of water and also a lot of nice bbq areas.

Roundwood is a five minute walk away. It’s a nice village but a word of warning, it has a lot of traffic, most of which seems to go very fast. The village has a number of pubs and restaurants if you want to sit in. It also has a Chinese and a chipper if you just want a takeaway. There is a decent size of a Centra, a really nice bakery (really really nice) a butchers and even a barbers.

There are some lovely walks down by the varty reservoir. Glendalough is also fairly close by if that is your bag.

It was a lovely weekend. We paid 40 per night for two adults, two kids, two small dogs an awning and hook up. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive. We will definitely be back.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tourer

Roundwood Campsite 19 Jul 2020 17:42 #754

• Aaron
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 38
Thanks for a great review RigorMortis I haven't been there since I was teenager it sounds like nothing has changed in a good way.

Stay safe

Aaron
Happy Camping

Roundwood Campsite 20 Jul 2020 13:57 #755

• Tourer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
RigorMortis - was the site full or is it one of those gems that you might still get a late booking with? This year it is near impossible to get a pitch for a caravan with all the new caravanners on the road. Nevertheless, it is great to see so many newbies....it can only pull up the quantity and quality of campsites in Ireland. That's the advantage of Moho's this year, they have the added advantage of Aires.

Been to Roundwood a few times in the past and it was always a gem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds