Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

(0 rating)

TOPIC: Bella Vista Camping - C&CC Certified Site - Oxford

Bella Vista Camping - C&CC Certified Site - Oxford 28 Oct 2020 14:57 #874

• waggiestravels
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
We used the Bella Vista Camping site for our 6 days trip from Cornwall to Oxford. The website link from the C&CC Website gave a good impression of the site. Booking online was easy and quick. We paid £112 for 5 nights with hook up (No charge for the showers).

24 hours prior or arrival we received an email from the site giving the passcode for the entry gate. Upon arrival at the site the entered the code into the gate, in the current climate there is ample signage in relation to COVID with hand Gel on entry. Booking in is all online but the owners (Lisa and Simon) will come over and make contact with you.

The site is all grass with no hard standing, initially I could only see 5 GReen posts with the hook ups but upon further investigation there are 25 plus hook ups on site, some attached low down on fence posts.

The toilet block is an ex-milatary mobile unit now sited within the campsite, its warm, practical and well equipped for the number of units that would be on site, clean and tidy. Divided by a heavy duty curtain one side is female and the other male. Much to my amusement the washing machine, tumble dryer and iron are all located in the female side of the toilet block! Comments I made on our Youtube page to my wife got me a slap !! ANyway that aside its all you need.

There is a washing up area, chemical toilet disposal area and waste disposal points. At this time of COVID 19 only one of the washing up sinks are open, the water is HOT, very HOT which is the same in the shower block.

There are animals on the site (fenced off) that the owners encourage you to pet and will happily let you feed at feeding time. Loads of room for children to play with balls etc away from campers etc.

The site itself is a short drive from High Wycombe, Oxford and is ideally placed if you want to visit Central London as you can jump on the train and be in LOndon in no time at all.

We visited many National Trust houses, Oxford and Waddesdon Manor (The weekend retreat of the Rothschilds Family).

We didn't have major issues aside from on the Saturday of our stay their gardener started cutting the grass at 16:30 in the afternoon and was still cutting it at 19:00, the noise became ridiculous and I had to go ans asked that they stopped as it was spoiling the evening enjoyment of being able to sit out in the evening.

The one comment I would say is that there is poor lighting around the site, even as you enter. Whilst I don't flood lights the odd low put put light on sensors around the toilet and washing up area would go a long way.

Worth a visit if you go and it you would like a visual review of the site you can find it at

All the best.

Rich and Lisa
(Waggies Travels)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, Tourer, liamk

Bella Vista Camping - C&CC Certified Site - Oxford 29 Oct 2020 00:31 #876

• Tourer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 84
Rich,

Would this site be accessible to Birmingham and the NEC or would it be too much of a stretch to use it as a base for visiting the caravan and motorhome shows if and when they return?

I presume as it is a C&CC site it is also for families?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds