Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

(0 rating)

TOPIC: Haven

Haven 05 Dec 2019 07:52 #679

• RigorMortis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
We bought our first motorhome last year. A little nervous about taking it too far or being too dependent on the facilities in the van, i decided to concentrate on going to Ireland and the UK in year one. So, when booking our family holiday i looked at Haven Holidays - a Butlins style campsite with venues throughout the UK.

We have a 4 and 5 year old, so things like swimming pools and playgrounds are key for us.

We chose the camp in Bernam on Sea We paid about 200 euro for 9 nights. We booked very early to get this rate. We picked this venue because it was on the east coast and a little further south, hoping for slightly warmer temperatures.

The campsite was very clean. he pitches were a decent size and had access to electric and water and a central block for showers and toilets that were frequently serviced. I dont recall there being kitchen facilities. This might be because there are three restaurants / take aways on site.

The facilities were excellent. Facilities like the indoor and outdoor pools and the playgrounds were free. There were also amusement arcades. There was cabaret style entertainment all day and good kids entertainment, again free. Extra charges applied for other activities like archery, bike riding lessons and arts and crafts. The extra charges were pretty reasonable.

There is a town within one km walk. A bus actually comes into the park. This links to the nearby town and as far as the large resort Western Super Mare. ALong this route are a number of small but good theme parks. There is also a train station in the local town. This will connect you to the rest of the world and Bath is 45 minutes away. There is a pub directly across the road which has a nice menu of pub grub.

We stayed nine days as part of a two week holiday. As I said, we were being pretty cautious. There was plenty to keep the kids occupied and we had some great days out. I'd definitely go back, although probably for a shorter stay, moving between a couple of campsites.

I've booked campsites in france this year and I am looking forward. however the price differential is huge and I have to say, the Haven offering in the UK was really good value. It is a lower rent version of Center Parcs and it is does offer great value but is a bit less shiny.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron, chrisbyrne
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds